New Wilco Due in June

Worthy news, and I have to say I'm rather excited to see if they have stopped being pansies (see Sky Blue Sky). Some guy at Rolling Stone listened to the new untitled album at Wilco's studio in Chicago and wrote, "Let's just say the record is sick!"

Will it be the next Yankee Hotel Foxtrot? I have my doubts. Especially after sampling five of the tracks compiled by youaintnopicasso (all various live performances over the past year er so). They sound good, but ain't no Foxtrot -- I want to hear the experimentation and adventure. The live mp3s are preliminary recordings I guess, so what do I know. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

Fun Fact: Wilco recorded the album in New Zealand (you may remember when they were there).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top